SOLVED

Forms: Notification when answers have been given

Brass Contributor
It would be great if you could choose a notification setting. Eg. send a notification(email) for each answer or send a notification after 20 (or any given number) answers have been given.
44 Replies
Have you looked into Microsoft flows?
Good thought but unfortunately it does not support forms.
best response confirmed by Andrew Connell (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Adding notification feature is currently in our backlog. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feature request with us.

Hi, receiving automatic email notifications and confirmations has been highlighted among our users as an important feature to be added, and being able to create the text that would go in that confirmation email.

For example, our events team are using Forms to get details of people volunteering to help at an event, and they're concerned that as there will be frequent reminders sent about this over a month-long period, that people will forget they've filled it in and do it more than once. Whereas if they get the email confirmation that they've done it they have that as a reminder.

Also, if Forms were to be used as an online application form, for example, then the applicant would expect an email confirmation so they know for certain that it was submitted correctly.

An ETA on this would be great, right now I am forced to use GAFE/G-Suite.

I am waiting to roll out Office 365 forms in my organisation, this product will help a lot of staff with self creation of forms. This notification of a response email is an essential feature, when can we expect it to be available? 

Hi Frank - Notification feature is in our to-do list. We are currently trying to understand all the end user scenario for notification feature. Would love to understand your scenarios in more details, please message me your email id and i will schedule a skype call to understand your forms quiz/survey scenarios and to capture your all feature ASKs.

Hi, many thanks for responding and offering to contact me, I have messaged you my details, hopefully speak to you soon, Frank

this is exactly the functionality I need - which is what GDocs are supplying at the moment:

"Google Docs can also send you instant email notifications as soon as people fill and submit your online form. Here’s how:

Create a new form in Google Docs, if you haven’t done that yet, add the necessary fields to the form and save your changes. Now go back to Google Docs and open the spreadsheet corresponding to that particular form.

Choose Tools – > Notification Rules and select the option that says Notify me when “a user submits a form.” You can also set how frequently you would like to be notified – if you have created a “Contact Me” form, the “email right away” may be a good choice but for mass polls and surveys, you may use the daily digest feature."

This is exactly what we are looking for too.  Is there an ETA when this will be available.  We recently migrated to Office 365 and our offices are requesting the feature now.  Thanks, joe

I can't wait for notifications!!!! It would really make Forms an mazing tool for all of our students and staff, keep up the good work!

Email notifications would be an awesome feature for us in Higher Ed! One example use case: a form could be embedded in an LMS course to let students easily ask a question privately to the instructor. However, this won't work if the instructor has to remember to check the form frequently. Even just a simple on/off toggle for notifications and a choice of a notification for every entry vs. a daily digest would work wonders.

Another voice for notifications on forms.

Hi @Ben Kahn.

Am interested in the scenario you mentioned i.e. using Microsoft Forms to ask a question privately to the instructor.

What about using other 'conversation/chat' tools for that?  e.g. Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Classroom (soon to be integrated into Teams).  

Hi Gilbert, 

Certainly, Teams could work but a form is a much simpler and obvious solution to allow a learner to submit a question to an instructor from within the LMS. Our college already has an LMS in place that is the focus of teacher/student interaction. Most faculty and students will not want to layer on the additional complexity of adding an entirely new workspace (Teams) over the LMS.

I'm going to add my vote for this feature. It would be very helfpul for staff at my organization. 

Hiya,

Just wondered on the status of this addition?

Trying to reproduce a form that is an alternative to GDocs but without the notification alert being sent to the creator, we are going to have to continually refresh. Which isn't ideal during a busy work day.

Thanks

First, since compliments are rare in this arena, I love what I see in Microsoft Forms so far; vastly superior to Excel Surveys and SharePoint 2013's Surveys, so great job!

Second, I'll add my voice to the list of those that see a need for notifications. As amazing as this tool is, the lack of of notification features pretty much ends any serious proposal for its use in my organization. Eager for the day that this is included!

MS Flow now supports Forms which will allow you to  create a Flow to send a notification messsage., see https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms-Blog/New-features-in-Microsoft-Forms-July-201...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andrew Connell (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Adding notification feature is currently in our backlog. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feature request with us.

View solution in original post