SOLVED

Forms keeps jumping to the top

Brass Contributor

Hello!

I created a 20 question form with some basic branching.  But everytime branching is triggered, the form jumps to the top, and the user needs to scroll all the way back to where they were.  This is a HUGE UX concern, and might mean I dont use this tool at all.  

Is it s bug?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

33 Replies

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. Engineers are working on investigation.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

Hi Scott,

Could you share out your form with us (the filling URL)?

And could you let me know

• Does it stable repro on this form?
  • Could you repro it on the other form with branching logic?

It will help us investigate.

Thanks,

Zhongzhong

I tried to create a new form with branching and every form jumps up to the beginning. Big problem if you have more questions for the window size.

Hi @KennetO  and @scottm1265 , we are working on a fix now.

best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @KennetO  and @scottm1265 ,

We have fixed this bug, please let us know if you still have the problem.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

Thank you so much!  Works GREAT now!

Very impressive response times.  And sorry, I didn't see your questions over the weekend.

- Scott

Can only agree. Impressed over the fast response.

@Zhongzhong Li 

This jumping to the top still happens for me when trying to add a question.  Is this still a bug? This is my first form and first question

@Frank_Gysberts 

Everytime I type anything it jumps to the top. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello @Zhongzhong Li it's the same issue for me. How can this be fixed?

I am also having this issue; has anyone found a resolution in another thread or forum?

@maggie_g I would also like to know the fix to this. As it is making the platform very UN user friendly at the moment.

I would like to add to the comment above as it is repeatedly happening to me, try to close and reopen the browser doesnt work either so MS forms is currently unworkable, and I would request a fix as soon as possible
Hi,
I'm also experiencing this issue.
I'm using the latest version of Opera, on the latest version of Windows 10.
Thanks,
Isaac
Hello @Zhongzhong Li ,

I am facing the same issue , when I type anything it jumps to the top . Any advice on how to fix it ?

@Al-MY 

Not sure if you're still working at Microsoft, but would love your help if you are. I'm facing the same issue, where typing anything into the form causes a jump to the top. It is making Microsoft Forms  unusable, which means I might have to switch to gForms, which I'd rather not do. 

Would you or any of your team be able to look into this, please?

Just a heads up, I ran into the same issue creating a poll for which questions to go over in-class. The screen would jump to the top as I continued adding options below the bottom of the original screen.

It stopped jumping to the top when I started writing in another question, and then went back to the first one to add further options.

@Frank_Gysberts 

As of today I am experiencing the same problem. 

This never happened before (I am a frequent user of Forms)

Having the same issue and my boss is waiting for the document.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @KennetO  and @scottm1265 ,

We have fixed this bug, please let us know if you still have the problem.

Regards,

Zhongzhong

View solution in original post