SOLVED

Forms Flow for keeping track of attendance, and signed by management

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for a simple solution for our new MS Teams group. I'm not sure MS Forms can do what I need. It's not as robust as Wufoo (hidden fields, robust reports, etc)

I need a simple vacation/sick form that can be filled out, with an available field for manager 'signature'.

I want employees to fill out a single discreet form to request vacation/sick time, but I need it to be forwarded for signature.

* I don't want others to see these requests
* I still want to keep reports and responses but viewed by HR only
* I want to forward to manager after submission for approval

TIA!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by LennyZ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LennyZ  Hi Lenny, Try Power Apps instead of Forms.  Still part of the 365 suite of tools.  I am only just starting but I know there is a working template called Leave Request.

Thanks @Guy_Boswell 

I'm trying YeeFlow right now, but will look into PowerApps

@LennyZ you can do this request in Forms and have the request sent automatically to the manager of the person making the request by using a flow in Power Automate. The request and approval/rejection can then (as part of the same flow) be saved to a SharePoint list where only HR can view it. At our company we do this route for all sorts of forms and surveys and it works well. I'll post the steps shortly.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I'd be interested in seeing your flow for this. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Rob have you had the time to post the steps to this forum? I am looking to replace an old system with something new like forms or power apps. any help would be greatly appreciated @RobElliott 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LennyZ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LennyZ  Hi Lenny, Try Power Apps instead of Forms.  Still part of the 365 suite of tools.  I am only just starting but I know there is a working template called Leave Request.

View solution in original post