SOLVED

Forms does not work in IE compatibility mode

Steel Contributor

We've found a bug in Forms. I can send this through Premier if you like, but thought I'd go to the source for your opinion.
The issue we have encountered is a lot of people in our org have said Forms does not work in IE. They can make it work with Chrome or FF ok. After further investigation, we've found that it is because forms will run in compatibility mode in IE - which I believe is IE8. The recommended solution (from Microsoft) is for the web site developer to specify what IE mode to run in.
What we'd like to see is Forms updated to include the HTML header to run in IE11 mode as described here.

6 Replies

More Info:

And this is why Forms is running in compatibility mode for us. I think you'll find many large enterprises are configured this way.
(We have set that all intranet sites show in compatibility mode - and because our IE network settings are set per Microsoft recommendations, all O365 sites show up as Intranet sites)
Ultimately the consequence of all of this for us is that we have people abandoning filling out forms because they don't load.

IECompatView.JPG

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for providing the feedback. I will let our engineering to check the issue.

Regards,
Zhongzhong
best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Adrian,

I am engineer from Forms team. Thanks for reporting this to us. I made a fix just now and it should be online soon.

Thanks
Leon
That's awesome! I love this agile thing.
If you happen to know when it will show up, I'll have some people validate it is working for us now in IE.
Hi Adrian,

I just tested and the fix was online. Compatibility view works for IE now.

Thanks
Leon

Fantastic!  Thanks for the quick turnaround and is a good testament to how quickly you are adding features to Forms.

We've just found the same issue with Visio Online so I'm off to try and find a Leon in that team ;)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zhongzhong Li (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Adrian,

I am engineer from Forms team. Thanks for reporting this to us. I made a fix just now and it should be online soon.

Thanks
Leon

View solution in original post