Forms - Can sections create different lines in excel

Copper Contributor

Can separate sections of a form link to different lines in a linked excel file? Where section 1 is one line, and section 2 is a separate line of the same excel file?

Or can I create a yes/no branch which leads to a new blank form for the person to fill? (Either ends it or restarts it?)

2 Replies

Hi Carol (@criley03 ), neither of your wishes is possible. The questions in different sections of the form will all be on the same row in the underlying spreadsheet. What you could do is to use a flow in Power Automate to get the response details and then have an action to add the answers to questions 1 to 4 to a row in a table in Excel (not the underlying spreadsheet but a new spreadsheet), then follow it with another action to add the answers to questions 5 to 8 into another row in the same Excel table.

Branching just takes you to different questions in the same form, it can't load a new form or re-start the current one.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thank you so much for your quick reply, you saved me a lot of time. I greatly appreciate it @RobElliott