Forms branching

Copper Contributor

Hi, I've no doubt this question has been asked many times already but I can't find the answer.  I've only started using Forms this week, I'm loving it but having a problem with branching questions.  I can see the branches on the document I'm working on but once I preview or share the questionnaire the branching options are not there.  When I go back into format the questionnaire the branched questions are not there until I select the branching option and when I do all my branches appear again as they should be.  As soon as I select 'back' to the document the branching options have gone again.  I've googled and searched on the forums here but I cant find a solution.  

Initially I was having a problem seeing any but the first 2 questions until i read i need to select 'multiple answers' so now that i've done that all the questions appear on the document but still without the branches......anyone have any ideas?  

Thanks!

6 Replies
Hi,
maybe the reason you couldn't find any answer was because you weren't looking in the right place.

here you can find all the available communities:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/communities/ct-p/communities
you can also find it by clicking on "Community Hubs" on the top of every page in this website.

Microsoft Forms community is here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms/ct-p/MicrosoftForms

great thanks, I'll try that :)

@HotCakeX Well that's a pointless answer as you are directing the poster back to this site where she has already posted the question!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

hi @emmac10 , have you tried to actually complete the form as a test? If so, what happens when you answer a question that has branching on it? Your answer should take you to the appropriate follow-on question.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott 

Spoiler

@RobElliott wrote:

@HotCakeX Well that's a pointless answer as you are directing the poster back to this site where she has already posted the question!

Rob
Los Gallardos

It was first posted in the community lounge and then moved here. know what you are talking about first before commenting.

Hi Rob, thanks for taking the time to reply. There appears to be 2 issues and the selection of 'multiple responses' appears to be at the root of it.
Yes I completed the form and looked at the preview. On the preview there only existed my first 2 questions, the other 15 were missing. I searched for an answer as to why that would be and discovered I needed to have selected 'multiple answers'. Once I did that all my questions came up on the Preview, but none of the branching questions. Its not a complex form. Its a form for junior physios rotating on from our unit. It address those with prior experience and those without. The branching question addresses that: did you have prior experience if yes go to question x, if no go to question y.
When I go into edit the form and select branching I need to unselect 'multiple answers' to get the itemised branching I want, otherwise it only allows me the option of 'next question'. So to get the correct branching questions to come up against the correct response I have to unselect 'multiple responses' which means on the Preview I can only view the first 2 questions!! It goes around in circles!
If I go back in to edit a question I can see all the branching questions, when I go 'back' to the form the branching options are not there. I double tap on a question to edit it and the options i chose are not there until I unselect 'multiple responses' then I can see them in the edit part of the form but I select 'back' and they're not there!!!

Its so frustrating because it looks like I can edit the form just as i want it until i preview it and the options have vanished, I go back into edit and have to reselect branching again to view the options i chose, go to preview and they're not there! I then unselect multiple responses and in preview i can only see 1/2 questions......pulling my hair out!!!! lol

I sent the form out anyway but it didnt flow too well. For those staff who had experience the next 2/3 questions didnt apply to them, it would have been nice to redirect them to the next relevant question.

Would be great if there was an easy fix and i'm just doing some thing wrong but i think i've tried all the options of selecting or unselecting 'multiple responses'. hope this reply hasn't confused you!