Forms- branching doesn't work because more than one new branch opens

Copper Contributor

Hi!
so I've written a multiple-choice-story using forms. 

It's working in the beginning but after a few questions suddenly not only one new branch appears but multiple new questions. 

This is the document. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ShareFormPage.aspx?id=Y1MKuIMoaU6_JCn5B3qTWYdjn8r8KqtOmVNB1PBsKI9UQUd...

It would be awesome if yomebody could help me. 

5 Replies

Hi @choestreich

First and foremost, it's very awesome that you have done a choose your own adventure story using Forms and cool you cover Sydney though a bit of Melbourne wouldn't hurt! :)

I duplicated your form and your branching appears to work for me. I did random selections and they are popping up with only one question at a time (I even got eaten by a shark).

Are you able to explain which path you have taken that leads to the issues you are experiencing? I am not encountering anything wrong.

It's likely a branch has gone a bit funny but we'll need to track down where it starts and follow the logic from there.

Cheers

Damien

@choestreich 

Hi

At the "Ending" answers (questions 4, 18, 20, 21, etc.) the branching is pointed to "Next", not to the "End of Form". This will cause that any exit (apart from branch 47-48-no more questions) will show you the next question below the ending, not terminate the form, as you would expect.

Set the pointing of these questions to "End of Form".

Stephen

@Kesta670 

That did it!!!

Awesome! I didn't even see the "next" i just assumed that the thing knows that this is the end (which was rather stupid of me) Thank you so much for your support!!!

@Damien Rosario 

Thank you so much for your support. I have to confess that I've never actually been to Australia. I live in Germany and English isn't my native tongue.
I would love to visit Melbourne, though. ;)

My sister has been and she fell in love with the continent.

I've fixed the problem and am now reading through all my answers again to eliminate as many mistakes as i can find. I've also added another branch ;) This is so much fun!
I LOVED to read these kind of books as a kid.

Thank you very much, Damien! Your support meant a lot to me (and I now know what these kind of stories are called in English ;))

It was a fun story @choestreich.

Keep up the good work and please remember us all when you are a famous writer!

Cheers

Damien