SOLVED

Forms - auto timestamp responses

Copper Contributor

I wonder if there is a facility to automatically date and timestamp response on forms and whether this information could be exported to Excel?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Ashburton2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ashburton2020 the time when a user starts and ends a form is already captured in the spreadsheet which you access from the form responses tab.

timestamp.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thank you very much.

@Ashburton2020 in MS Forms would you know how to enable a start time/end time radio button? Purpose would be for my team to click/select the start time/end time for several runs (automated and captured in real time) related to a section within a Form File; versus them having to enter their own start and end time.

@ZTremellen there is no way to do that in MS Forms, but it is possible if you build a form in Power Apps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

HI

If the responses of my form are from different time zones, do you know which timezone is the default date & timestamps in the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Yin-Chia

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ashburton2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ashburton2020 the time when a user starts and ends a form is already captured in the spreadsheet which you access from the form responses tab.

timestamp.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post