SOLVED

Form Ownership

Copper Contributor

What happens to a form if a person leaves the organization and was the only owner? Does that form disappear? Does it get deleted?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by JohnnyGeng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JohnnyGeng 

All account-related data will be deleted 30 days after a user account has been deleted from your tenant (Azure AD).

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-forms-and-user-accounts-47dec490-d437-4f27-8335-f...

I'd suggest sharing the forms of that user and then making your own copy so it stays in your account to avoid deletion.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Damien

@Damien Rosario

Thanks Damien! Exactly the source for which I was looking! I always make a copy. Just needed a source to which to point some naysayers!

Thank you again!

Happy to help, @JohnnyGeng.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Cheers & best wishes

Damien

Hi @Damien Rosario,

I was reading about transferring ownership of a form to a group when the owner is leaving the office. In such case members of the group shall have edit, delete, responses privileges, can you help me on how to track who deleted a response or edited the form? Cause In compliance point of view, logs must be managed if a response is deleted or form is edited from any of the members of the group else the form present in group can't be used. 

Can you please guide me in this scenario?

Hi @mayuri755 

Hope you are well.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to track the edits of a form.

If someone on this forum has the answer I'd be keen to hear it too, but I am not even sure there's a way to do this at present.

Sorry I don't have better news for you!

Have a lovely weekend ahead.

Cheers

Damien

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JohnnyGeng (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JohnnyGeng 

All account-related data will be deleted 30 days after a user account has been deleted from your tenant (Azure AD).

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-forms-and-user-accounts-47dec490-d437-4f27-8335-f...

I'd suggest sharing the forms of that user and then making your own copy so it stays in your account to avoid deletion.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post