Form linking to Word

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am looking into creating a form for my colleagues to fill out to make quoting for service contracts a bit easier for them .

I would like to be able to link the form to Dynamics CRM to pull through the customer information.  

from here i would like to set some multiple choice questions. depending on what is choosen for each answer, a different section of text is inputted to a word doc. which in turn builds the contract which then can be sent to a customer as a PDF.  

Thank you for any assistance.  I am new to this and not sure if the forms app is the right app to use or if i need to looking at power apps or even a combination of things.  

3 Replies

@Daemon_Wheatley you would need to build a flow in Power Automate to save the form response into Dynamics. But if you want to pre-populate parts of the form FROM Dynamics that can't be done.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott

Thank you for the response. Yes i did indeed want to populate from Dynamics.
Can you suggest another way? i dont have to use Forms.

Daemon

@Daemon_Wheatley the only other way would be to build an app in Power Apps with one of the Dynamics connectors.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)