SOLVED

Form context via email

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a situation where a salesperson within our organisation requests a Form be emailed to one of their customers by providing the customer email via a PowerApp. This creates a record in SharePoint and Flow then emails the customer a link to complete an MS Form. Once the Form is complete I want to store the values in SharePoint. How would I identify the SharePoint record that needs to be updated? I see there is no way to send the form with a pre-populated field (say customer email address) which could be used as an identifier when the form returns. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colin

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Colin2307 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Colin @Colin2307, the way to do this is to include the ID number of the item in the SharePoint list in your email. The client then needs to add this number into a required question in the form. A second flow then runs when they submit the form and updates the record based on the ID number.

Images of the different steps are below. Hope it helps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User

1-Flow to send initial email1-Flow to send initial email2-Initital SharePoint kist item2-Initital SharePoint kist item3-Email received by the customer with ID3-Email received by the customer with ID4-Form customer completes including ID from email4-Form customer completes including ID from email5-Flow to update list item based on ID5-Flow to update list item based on ID6-Updated list item6-Updated list item

Hi Rob

This is genius. Thank you very much. Though I'm very disappointed I didn't think of this myself :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes::beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes::beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best regards
Colin
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Colin2307 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Colin @Colin2307, the way to do this is to include the ID number of the item in the SharePoint list in your email. The client then needs to add this number into a required question in the form. A second flow then runs when they submit the form and updates the record based on the ID number.

Images of the different steps are below. Hope it helps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User

1-Flow to send initial email1-Flow to send initial email2-Initital SharePoint kist item2-Initital SharePoint kist item3-Email received by the customer with ID3-Email received by the customer with ID4-Form customer completes including ID from email4-Form customer completes including ID from email5-Flow to update list item based on ID5-Flow to update list item based on ID6-Updated list item6-Updated list item

View solution in original post