External Attachments

Copper Contributor

Does Microsoft have any plans to allow external attachments for MS Forms? I understand that it is not available, but I am hoping that it is in the works. Can someone explain why it isn't already available? 

Thanks!

8 Replies

@CM1490 there's nothing showing on the roadmap. Microsoft did say at one point that the restriction was for security, to prevent viruses and malware getting into an Office 365 tenant.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

The need for security is paramount. But how many years does it take to engineer a solution? I'm in GCC and have a business need to allow attachments from outside our organization (both within the state-wide tenant, and from without). Not all agencies subscribe to MS365. And the tenant build is severely sectioned by agency/organization. Outlook has pretty good spam/scam/crap filtering in place. Can't leverage that piece for MS Forms attachments? There's gotta be a way. Any hope for us in GCC/State level?
The only real thing that this does is create the need to develop a work around, such as having a open share on my onedrive with the link on the form to upload documents.
It would be much easier to have it so respondents can upload externally, and the attachment is then sent via email or put in a dedicated fixed folder so the attachments can then be subjected to checks.
This answer, from MS, doesn't make sense, because there are many other workarounds to upload files into Microsoft Tenant, just an example is by using onedrive in combination with power automate and ms forms. Thus, I still don't understand why MS makes harder our life in developing new solutions just like a form open to externals and allowing them to upload files.
Please it's been since 2020 People asking for this feature, it would be time to put it on.
Cheers

@AlexUnipa I agree with you, this is so simple to be done if MS do consider doing it. We are in need for it now and can't find a way or work around.

@AlexUnipa very interested in the workaround you mention using Power Automate. All solutions seem to have attachments going into one big folder, which makes it near impossible to align with the form with which it was submitted if there are thousands of them. 

Do you, or anyone, have a solution to align the form submitted with the related attachment submitted by the workaround using Power Automate?

Thank you,

Russ

@rok-ri there really is no workaround using Power Automate.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott copy that. I appreciate the response!