Exporting individual responses to pdf

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am completely new to Forms and I have been presented with this task at work. I work at a university and we have designed a form  to be sent out to each student by email for them to complete. What I need is to be able to export each response as a PDF to be able to attach the form to their individual student record, which is held on a databse

4 Replies

@awdl22125 to do this go to the Responses tab and click View Results.  Then click the 3 dots over on the right below the respondent name and time to complete. Click on Print Response and in the window that appears, for Destination select Save as PDF. Do this for each response.

There is also a way to automate this with a flow in Power Automate so you don't have to do it manually, but that is only useful if you are creating the flow before any responses are submitted.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I'm trying to do the same thing and I'm also new to both Forms and Power Automate.

I created the form but haven't distributed it. How would I do this in Power Automate?

@elainekyou need to add the link from the Send and Collect Responses part of the Form's settings into a Send an email action in POwer Automate. But it's often easier just to use your normal email to send out the link.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi Rob, I'm not sure I'm understanding. Will this generate a PDF for each individual response? That's what I'm looking for. I'm trying to get this happening:
1. Someone fills out the form.
2. The response for that individual is captured into a PDF
3. The PDF saves in Onedrive and/or gets emailed to someone.

I looked at some youtube videos about this, but I can't seem to get it to work.