Excel Spreadsheet not opening to show Forms responses

Copper Contributor

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help. We have created a survey using Office365 Forms but when we click on the 'Open in Excel' option we get the message 'Something went wrong'. This is only happening for some of the Forms and they have all been set up in the same way. We have checked permissions and browsers but no luck! 

Thank You. 

29 Replies

Same issue here, in fact none of the form results can be downloaded as Excel files since yesterday.

The message I get is "Download excel file failed. Please try again later."

This happens, irrespective of the browser or OS.

I am having a same problem.  First I thought it was because of multiple users sumbitting forms simultaneously and spreadsheet was in use but it is same with other new forms I created only for me as well entering only one record. I hope someone has a solution soon !!

I am also having this same issue as of yesterday. I try and click the open in excel button and all i get is a message at the top of the screen saying "Download excel file failed. Please try again later" 

Same problem here.
Same here. I'm hoping Microsoft is just updating something. I've noticed that my results are not always in sync with the actual scores and that some of the results were correct, but later download of the excel file reverted to the wrong score for some people etc. Might be that they disabled downloads to fix that issue?
Same here, started yesterday. I can't open anything from forms in excel anymore.

Same trouble, error when click Open in Excel, "Download excel file failed. Please try again later."

Please solve this trouble, I need to collect my survey.

We too are having trouble opening forms in Excel. I have been telling users to use Forms and we really need to be able to download the results.

Thanks.

Am also experiencing this issue as well. Am not able to download my replies from Excel.

This was working earlier this week.

Would appreciate a quick response to this issue.

Jeremy

Is there an update with issue. I'm expereincing the same problem!

Thanks

I am experiencing the same challenge.  I work in a school district, and have an O365 Business account. When I click on the Excel icon to download a copy of my Microsoft Form responses, I get the same error message, "Download excel file failed. Please try again later." Please help.....we have some needs assessment survey data results that we would like to share on Monday morning. Thank you in advance for any asisstance you can provide.

I am experiencing the same challenge.  I work in a school district, and have an O365 Business account. When I click on the Excel icon to download a copy of my Microsoft Form responses, I get the same error message, "Download excel file failed. Please try again later." Please help.....we have some needs assessment survey data results that we would like to share on Monday morning. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Same problem, MS please fix.

Same thing here in Brazil;

Forms won't export to excel this needs to be fixed ASAP!

We had the same issue. Opened a ticket with Microsoft and the issue is now fixed for us. I believe the fix was deployed to all tenants.