Does MS Forms have any online personal identifiers when anonymising the responses?

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Could anyone help me clarify whether anonymising MS Forms responses will not have any personal data online identifiers?

I'm putting an anonymous diversity survey together and just need to be sure that absolutely no personal data identifiers are present for the survey to be GDPR compliant in the UK.

See paragraph for reference from our legal advisers:

"Anonymising diversity data

The UK GDPR does not apply if the diversity data you process does not constitute personal data.

Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Special category personal data is a subset of personal data."

Any help on understanding the online identifier parameters would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,
Julia

2 Replies

@JuliaMadison2022 if a form is anonymous it has no online identifier or any way to get any of the the details of who submitted the form. At my UK/Canadian company we have used forms for several years and have the same GDPR compliance requirement as you. I can assure you NO personal data or identifing marker is collected by an anonymous form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott thanks so much for your speedy reply! That's great - much appreciated.