Does Forms Save responses

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello Forms Community, 

Does Microsoft Forms save un-submitted responses, and do users have the option to share the form with others to complete? 

Thanks,

Vishal

9 Replies
Nope, no save state or cookies etc. in Forms, it's submit only.

@Chris Webb Thanks for informing. What if a user is working on a form and plans to submit it at a later time? How do they ensure that their responses are not gone?

Redo the form. There is no go back to where you left off. So forms need to be shorter in nature or use a 3rd party survey type solution.

Hi @Deleted 

To the other part of your question about users having the option to share the form, depending on the forms settings (e.g. Anyone with the link can do it), then they could just share the form link.

There's no formal option to share a form unless you are the creator AFAIK.

UserVoice has one with some good support to bring a Save option to forms (I've voted for it too!).

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18447406-allow-form-respondents-to-save-and-continue-to-fil

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

@Damien Rosario Hi Damien,

When I mean share the form, I'm talking about multiple users working on the same form. In the form that I am building, sometimes a user cannot answer all the questions and might need to send the form across to another user. 

Will another user be able to continue working on the unfinished responses first started by the initial user?

@Damien Rosario Hi Damien,

When I mean share the form, I'm talking about multiple users working on the same form. In the form that I am building, sometimes a user cannot answer all the questions and might need to send the form across to another user. 

Will another user be able to continue working on the unfinished responses first started by the initial user?

You can only do this if you create a custom powerapp solution or use SharePoint list forms, but with SharePoint list form you will have limited security around the forms but you can allow anyone to edit entries if you want, but it's an all of nothing setting.

Hi @Deleted 

I concur with @Chris Webb.

Unfortunately Forms doesn't allow for that sort of functionality and a custom PowerApp is really the only way to go for such a scenario (if you don't know how to use PowerApps/Flow, there's plenty of great videos, learning materials, and forum support here and on the PowerApps forum to get you going).

It could get complicated depending on how many questions you have in your form as well.

Whatever you decide, hope it all works out for you.

Cheers & best wishes

Damien

@Chris WebbHi, what you mean by 3rd party survey type solution? Like Surveymonkey or LimeSurvey?