Creation of folders within Forms

Brass Contributor

Hello, I know this has already been asked, but there has been no answer to satisfy everyone's need. It is very important that you allow users to create folders within forms to organize their Forms dashboard. The whole point of Office 365 and OneDrive is organization and Forms does not live up to this. Whether in business, or education, it is extremely important to be able to organize our documents, or in this case, Forms, so that we can easily find them. The search feature is good, but I, and most other Forms users, have so many forms that we don't always recall the name of the specific form that we need to either resend, or duplicate to share with another person, or institution. I work with 12 campuses and send survey forms on every training that I give. I am able to copy the same survey form, but I have to keep the results separate. If I could create a campus folder and inside a Survey folder, quiz folder, etc... this would make my life and others easier.

42 Replies

Its 2020 and this basic file management requirement is still not done.

Get the Basics right 

Come on Microsoft, aren't you listening anyway?

Some kind of  answer to this request is the least you should give your customers.

I am Amazed this has been a request since 2016, the link for voting has well over 2600. in 2017 Microsoft responded with some improvements (but not the folders that were asked for). To be blunt, No the improvements made in are not the solution this very request and did not address the scope of the problem. This is a frustrating problem that continues to manifest itself. Organizing forms into folders allows the user to group them as necessary. is an absolute necessity and SERIOUS over site during the development of this solution. In searching the forum I discovered almost 30 requests with a low number of votes for this functionality perhaps clicking and voting for ALL of them will call attention to the problem. This request is #3 with the 2600+ interesting that most of the issues fixed have 200 or so votes, is this lost because MS addressed it in 2017??..  

I fully support the need and urgency to address to address this request.
Users need the ability to organise the forms into folders.
I am not sure why it has taken MS this long to address such a basic and obvious request which has been brought up for several years now !

Hi guys, 

I am new to O365 and facing the same trouble when I have a lot of forms that I created. It is hard to manage. But finally I have a solution. Not so sure it will fit you want or not. But I am ok with this.

Firstly, I just create a site in SharePoint, name it as I want and set it as a private site with only one member who is myself. Then at the form portal, I just click the three dots and select move. Then choose the group list that shows on the right side. That's it.

Once you create the site but didn't see in the group list, you just refresh your browser.

Hope this helps.

@Jesus Morales 

Still nothing

We are in an educational setting and switched every single paper form to Forms. Especially since COVID. It is becoming cumbersome and really hard to manage especially as next year there is a NEW cohort of students joining that will need to fill in similar but amended forms (as they will change). come of Microsoft. Listen to your users.

@Jesus Morales, I totally agree with you. It makes it really cumbersome, just like I would like to be able to file these under a folder accessible via OneDrive. It is pointless to end up with a 100+ forms that you waste more time trying to organize which is counter to what MS should stand for.

José

@Jesus Morales 

Dear MS TEAM,

we need this useful feature. After seeing this from many many users around the world, I think it is time to implement this feature to the MS Forms.

Enabling a folder system in Microsoft forms / as easy as that

Thank you

@Jesus Moralestotally agree. It starts to become chaotic without the ability to organise the forms.

Thanks for raising!

@Jesus Morales Yep. Thanks for the post. 3 years later and I'm here, looking for an answer on how to organize forms. Hopefully a solution will come soon...  

@Jesus Morales July 2021 and this is still a need. Come on Microsoft, we all suffered through a yearlong pandemic and did a hard pivot that brought more of us really using your technology resources. Can we make this a thing? My Forms section is awful to filter through. Please and thank you.

I have been asking and waiting for this feature as the rest of you. I would like to see folders for the types of forms (evaluation, registration and quizzes) and a folder within a folder. I am required to keep all documentation for 5 years, so I would like to have a folder with each year (2021, 2022, etc.) and three subfolders for each type of form I use. Having to go through 5 years of forms to find one when requested is more than just time-consuming!

@Jesus Morales 

The link to vote for the folders in Forms has been expired or removed. Do you happen to have the updated form?

Or has there been an update on the case? Is it under development now for the next update?

@LTUybsh Microsoft are moving away from uservoice to their own product which is why the Forms uservoice site has closed but the new platform hasn't gone live yet. 

There's still nothing on the Forms roadmap about folders.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks for this, it might work if you are the only person who has to work with the forms. Everyone on our team (we are a small one) creates individual forms and then moves them into our group forms area. Do you know of a way to be able to allow everyone to access them if I remove them to a private site without having to share a link?

Almost April 2022 and still nothing. What's worse is that the User Voice Request page pertaining to this (https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...) was deleted... Why when so many other user voice pages are still up? Also, why the page does not contain the link to the new platform???

Wow, Microsoft...

@GeekyLady sorry but you're wrong on all counts.  Collections are now available in Forms: go to All My Forms then you can create a new collection - the same as a folder - from the New Collection link.

And the new Forms feedback portal which has replaced Uservoice is at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/0ab9de26-ff1b-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Boy, this is great news! Thank you @RobElliot I had no idea about "Collections" and/or the new "Feedback Portal".
With all that said, I might have been uninformed but not really "wrong".
1) Is interesting to know that, while I have not used Collections yet, people everywhere keep asking for folders (https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/f611c270-d01c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8945) and MS itself is offering "folders" as an option when completing the survey about organizing forms. (https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR6v-mIbZ-VNMvnkaEEgARjlUN1pG...)
2) As an IT Professional, I believe in respecting the users and clients. If I can post a short explanation and a link on an outdated page to re-direct the flow of people (and educate about the new platform) to provide with some needed answers, then ABSOLUTELY an organization the size of MS can too.
***Being considerate is not expensive.***
Have wonderful day and THANK YOU again! Off I go to play with "Collections"!
PS: Nice ride!!!

Such a relief, thank you

@RobElliott collections looks helpful on the face of it BUT as an organisation we use forms in teamsites as Group Shared Forms rather than assigned to one individual user to send out etc. this is likely the norm in organisational use of forms. Sadly Collections is ONLY an option if using 'all my forms' - which doesnt include forms that are held as a group form. So no - sadly this isnt sufficiently resolved..