Creating a Custom/Unique ID

Copper Contributor

I would like to create a request form ..
I would like each new request to have a unique id ..
Example: 
M20220921-01
-
Where the 1st character is the location [based on the input for "Location"]
Where the numeric series is the date [formatted in yyyy/mm/dd] and -01 [as the 1st request of that day and incremented for each additional request made during the day]
-
Is this possible? Would I have to create an Excel spreadsheet 1st and then convert it to a form?
If so .. I would still need insight on how to make this happen [in Excel I would create a 'helper column']
----
VR
J

4 Replies

@JP2Ro to do this you will need to create a flow in Power Automate to grab the form response, lookup the current maximum ID, add 1 to it, apply that to the form response then create a new list item in SharePoint (or possibly an Excel list although I always prefer SharePoint).

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott
Working in MS Forms is new to me .. so going to give this a shot :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Thank you very much
-
J

Hey @RobElliott 

I'm trying to create something similar, but don't have a clue how to do this, can you share instructions or do you know where I can find the resources?

Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Bradley 

@Bradleyjp MSFT PowerAutomate (either on your microsoft365 homepage or the downloaded version) and the Co-Pilot feature should be able to help you; you can choose from templates if one exists already and edit as needed. I found this YT helpful when I was getting started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqXsKPTmZk