Claim Expense Forms

Copper Contributor

I want to build a FORM similar to what I can do in Excel with our Claim Forms:

In Excel
Id | Claim Date | Description of Expenditure | Amount
You can enter as many items as you want

In Forms
I want, after entering the first row, to allow the user to enter another row when it is required and to submit the form otherwise, e.g.;
1 | 01/01/2022 | Hotel | $500
2 | 01/01/2022 | Meal | $100
until no more expenditure to claim.

I don't know if Forms can handle loops like:
While "no more expense" enter

or

Repeat

until "no more expense."

Thanks

2 Replies

@David_SG no, forms cannot handle loops, it is a simple one-pass form. So you would either need 1 form to be submitted for each row or you could create sections in the form, with 1 section for each row and use branching. The way that would work is that on the first screen you would have questions for Claim Date , Description of Expenditure  and Amount. Then a choice question "Do you have another claim to submit?" If the answer is yes the branching would take the user to the next section with the same set of questions. If the answer is no, in the branching you would select End of Form so the user would see the submit button instead of going on to any other sections. Again, if the answer to the "do you have another claim to submit?" is yes the user would be taken to the next section, or if no to End of Form. To reduce the work you need to do you'd probably want to limit it to a maximum of 10 sections.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks Rob for this detailed explainantion