Chinese intervention?

Copper Contributor

Just finished creating my first microsoft from and wanted to send it, so outlook opened a new mail (very slowly) and the following appeared out of nowhere on the top of the message:

效敲猧琠敨氠湩潴琠敨映牯圢浯湥猧䌠汯敬瑣癩⁥灁汰捩瑡潩潆浲㨢栊瑴獰⼺是牯獭漮晦捩⹥潣⽭慐敧⽳敒灳湯敳慐敧愮灳㽸摩䐽卑歉摗坳礰䕸慪䉪婌牴䅑䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁乁彟⵨桱婕何久呕摆噈婔剗桪乃充具桺佉桖噒睫呺㑓ੵⴊⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭⴭਭ䴊捩潲潳瑦䘠牯獭䌊敲瑡⁥潹牵漠湷映牯獭愠⁴潦浲⹳景楦散挮浯

I translated it and it read:

Efficient knocking, slaughtering, slaughtering, slaughtering, slaughtering, and ignoring. 灳 灳 敳慐 敧愮灳㽸 䐽 䐽 䐽 摗 摗 摗 䅁 䅁 䅁 䅁 䅁 䅁 乁彟 ⵨ ⵨ 桺佉 䅁 䅁 䅁 䅁 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 桱 噈婔 桖 桖 桖 桖 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 噈婔 桺佉 桖 桺佉 桺佉 噒 桺佉 洊橲沲潳瑦She 扯otter 錊摡⁥湹 pulls the desert 湷毲毳泠⁴潦沲⹳jing 楦scattered 段毯

I have no idea why this is happening and what is the cause of this. Is it a problem with Forms or with Outlook?

ton

3 Replies

@Tonborderline I suspect your computer has picked up a virus or malware which is attaching those Chinese characters to your Outlook message. I've certainly never seen anything like that with Forms itself.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

I hope not, and so far I didn't get any notifications for that, on the other hand it doesn't seem to be an expected error. Thanks of the suggestion, I will keep an eye out if it happens again,
ton
Hi, Translating those characters through DEEPL.COM let me suppose that is just a spam message. Nothing to be worried about beyond that level. Kind regards Hans