Changing default destination folder of Microsoft Form attachments

Copper Contributor
Is there a way to change the default folder where Microsoft Forms saves attachments from the upload file option? Currently they are being stored in OneDrive > Apps > Microsoft Forms > Name of Form. I want them to be stored in another collaborator's OneDrive instead of mine (even though I'm the one who created the form). Is that possible? Thanks!
4 Replies

@claricel313 it's not possible in a personal form for an uploaded file to be saved anywhere except your OneDrive location. You could build a flow in Power Automate to send it to the other person.

For a group form it is saved to a document library on the Office 365 group SharePoint site.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott thx for the answer.

• created a Form and imported it into a Teams group inside a pvt channel and one of the tabs (think have terms right)
  • this channel location is currently for a few of us developing the Form. We'll eventually copy/move this to a general location OR open write access to our internal sales team
  • do we need the answers to drop in this location so they can be shared? if so, how do we do that as seems like answers that eventually populate to the XLS on request "see responses" is in a hidden area
  • we're learning how to build Power automation to these (eg. upon answer - send received email, post "new form completed" in teams chat, create meeting request w/ sender, merge to custom word template...). Some of these steps we're having challenges navigating how to create.
  • if anyone wants a free door dash lunch for some answers over shoulder, reply and we'll setup offline

@RobElliott  Hi Rob, thanks for your answer. I have a similar problem.

For a group Form, can we change the default saved path ? do you know how to change it ? 

expect your answer, and appreciate you in advance.

@claricel313 

I have run a test investigating this. I created a test user in 365 admin centre and used that user to create a form. It seems as soon as the option to upload an attachment to the form is selected, the folder in OneDrive is created (apps>forms etc.). I then converted it to a group form and deleted the user which sent the attachments to https://<org>.sharepoint.com/teams/<dept>/Shared%20Documents/Apps/Microsoft%20Forms/<formname>/file

Whilst I don't think I'll be deleting my own user to get this to work for the group form I want to detach from my account, it does indicate that if a user leaves the organisation group forms will automatically redirect attachments to be uploaded to the group documents.