Changing content of response email for form

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I currently have a form setup in Microsoft forms. This was setup by a previous developer. When I fill it out and submit, I will receive a confirmation email indicating I've filled out the form. I need to change the content of this email.

But I can't find out where the email is being sent out. I looked at both MS Forms and Power Automate to see the workflow, but there is nothing that resembles the content I need to change.

I was wondering typically where is the response email sent for Microsoft Forms? (e.g. where should I look?) I thought it could be a permissions issue as this wasn't created by me. But I could access the form (in Group Forms) and he can't.

Sincerely,

Jason

1 Reply

@JasonYeung if you use the built-in functionality then you can't change the content of the email. We NEVER use that but always use a flow in Power Automate to get the form response details, save the response to a SharePoint list and send the submitter a nicely-formatted email with company logo etc with the details of their response. It's much more flexible, totally changeable and works brilliantly. An  example is shown below:

0-trigger.png

1-createItem.png

2-update.png

3-email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.