Change QR from day to day in Forms

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to change the QR Code when I share my Forms? So it generates a new "shaped" QR code for everyday, and the QR code from yesterday will be invalid. Haven't seen anything, or is the only way to possibly copy the created Form, rename it and go that way?

Thanks for the help.

5 Replies

@scaffnull you'd need to copy the form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott so I'd need to copy the form everyday? And if I have a Power Automate Flow pointing to that Microsoft Form, would it be enough to copy the form, delete the old form and rename the new Form the same as the old Form and the flow allow that?

Thanks for your reply!

@scaffnull I don't think that would work because the internal ID of the form would change.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Alright, thanks for your help! I will keep searching for a better solution :) 

The easiest solution I found -
Copy the Form, copy the Flow. Create the connection with the new flow to the new Forms, doesn't take long time. Also did a new table on the excel sheet where I collect the sign ins with a "cheat sign in" to record people who did not use the new QR code, (just point the older flow to that table). Pretty entertaining to watch.