Cannot move question from one section to another

Copper Contributor

I seem to be experiencing some sort of bug with Microsoft Forms. I am accessing the App via Edge. My survey has been shared for collaboration with consultants outside of my organization. This survey is long, with multiple sections and total of 93 questions. I wanted to reorder some of the questions (move them from one section to another), but Forms either wouldn't let me move the question or would randomly drop the question in a different location than I had dragged it to. We tried copying the survey and starting over as well as a number of other "fixes." In the end, we had to delete each section (just the section, leaving the questions), reorder the questions, and then add back into the sections. Any thoughts on what might have caused this bug?

3 Replies

@eileenw I seem to recall that when this happened to one of our staff it was related to the maximum number of questions having been reached on the form. As youy have 93 questions, not sure but it might be to do with that.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks. I was thinking that might be it though I've been reading that I should be able to have as many 100 questions. Perhaps just getting close to the limit or the amount of text in the survey is causing the issue.

@eileenw 100 questions is the hard limit, but if you have likert questions then the actual limit is less as each statement is treated as 1 question.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)