Can't pick "correct answer" for Likert question type

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm creating a quiz, and I've added a Likert question type, but there is no way to actually set correct options for the statements - they are disabled in "edit" view.

Can this be fixed?

13 Replies
I have the exact same problem... any answers yet ?

@Sjoerd22 @Piers Aldous   have you received an update on this? I would like the ability to mark the likert selections as correct. 

The Likert question type has been around since 2018, but the MS Forms developers are yet to realise that this can be used for quizzes and auto-evalulation, just like "matrix questions" in Google Forms and "matching questions" in other quiz/exam platforms. The name of the question format indicates its original conception for the assessment of attitudes, and it is a pity that MS have not moved beyond this, including auto-evaluation and adding a selector for multiple options per row and column. MS Forms is superior in several aspects to other options I looked at for quizzes, but I rely on matching questions for the assessment of course material and will for now have to look elsewhere for a suitable platform. Pity. @Piers Aldous 

I totally agree this is really needed. Both Ranking and Likert questions should be able to have correct answers on something they call a "quiz".

@Seth Warren-Crow 

I agree too. I'm using Teams as a learning platforms and Forms to let students test what they have learned. Likert-type questions should also be  able to be scored. Please develop Forms!

@Piers Aldous its ridiculous that this isn't a thing.  It might make me go back to using google forms.

I can't believe this was asked 3 years ago, and the auto-scoring feature *still* hasn't been applied to Likert style questions.

As a college, we've had to rely heavily during COVID on using MS Forms for assessments, this is something that desperately needs added. Now we have to add 4 questions when it could have been one.

@JenLavery Now going on 4 years. I was looking for the same feature. Why didn’t this get addressed? Crazy! 

@Piers Aldous This is utterly bizarre, would be a relatively simple thing to implement.  I having to go back to google forms for this functionality.

In case if anyone from MS cares, 5 years and counting. Still no resolution. 

Just observing that this is still not fixed.