Browser hangs when using datepicker

Copper Contributor

Has anyone else had issues with using the DatePicker form component? I've been using it in a published form for the past couple of weeks, and all of a sudden the browser hangs when I try to select a particular date (the dropdown appears and will dismiss when you select Close, but selecting a date causes the page to hang for a long time and eventually error out with a "Sorry, something went wrong" error).

11 Replies

thanks for taking the time and reporting the issue. Can you please share the browser details, screenshot of the error and if possible, form url with us?

Sure... I've tried with Edge on Windows and Chrome on Mac and Windows. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=nPsE4KSwT0K80DImBtXfOPX_DnN1r5lJpq7aLg6M7vpUOTU4... Screenshot isn't very interesting. It says "Sorry, something went wrong" once you pick a date. It hangs the browser for long time, 10-20 seconds, then puts up an error. You actually have to select a date before the error occurs.

We are also seeing a similar issue.  We are using a MacBook Pro and have tested the issue on Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  Safari and Chrome will hang when a date is picked, and then will provide a seemingly random date.  We tested pressing "Today" along with navigating to todays date (12/7/2016).  Firefox would report that the webpage was running slow.

Screenshot was taken in Safari and I attempted to select the correct date.  After loading, another date was shown.

I had this same issue yesterday and now I cant get into my forms is show me an error that something event wrong

i just filled the form to repro the issue and somehow not able to repro it on Edge and Chrome on Windows. anyways, our team is looking into this issue.
Thanks for sharing form url. Our team is looking into this issue, i will get back once the issue is fixed.
I can share some more details... When you click the Date Picker it freezes... if you wait... it will eventually un freeze with a random date in the past, i have had dates from 1996 to 2007, but never the date i choose or try to choose. It seems to do the same in all 3 browsers, but in CHROME you get a script has quit working message, if you choose wait it eventually takes you to a random date and freezes up again when you try again. We use a form daily for student behavioral reporting and this is happening on all OS's we have and all browsers.
I was able to talk to support this afternoon. Theyou found that this issue disappeared when a user changedata the time zone to one in Europe. The issue is currently being researched.
Date picker issue is now fixed. Please check and let us know if you are still facing it.

I can confirm that it is working now. Thank you!