Branching simply isn't working on my form

Microsoft

Hello,

I searched the form (survey) and don't see anyone having the issue I am having.  I have a form with about 25 questions, and when I select the Branching option, on the options page, NONE of my questions has the dropdown that is explained in the help file.  In fact, I get a single dropdown that is next to the title of the question (see attached screenshot).

Everything here seems pretty straight forward, so what am I missing?

Thanks,

Pat

8 Replies

Hi Pat (@Pat_Fetty)

I hope you are well.

Your screenshot shows that you have a question which allows for multiple answers, this is why you don't have the options against each answer.

If you want an option against each answer for your branching, you'll need to switch off multiple answers.

Without multiple answersWithout multiple answersWith multiple answers switched onWith multiple answers switched on

Branching won't work on multiple answers because it won't know where to redirect the responder when they select the answers whereas picking a single answer is easy to redirect.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Damien

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the quick reply. This makes perfect sense, so I will work on re-structuring the questions in my form.

Thanks,

Pat

Glad I could help. All the best!

Cheers

Damien

I read through this string and and some others on this platform and am not finding help for my branching question. I can't get branching to work on my form at all. I have branching in Nos 1 & 2 and then also in 9, 10, 11, & 12. What am I doing wrong?? (crying face emoji!)
https://forms.office.com/r/f0AGG2aKus

@Victoria8575 you'll need to give us more information as from what you've said we don't know what you've done, what the question types are etc. Screenshots always help.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Pat_Fetty branching is also not working for my form. It is a simple yes/no question . If answered yes it should go back to question 13. It doesn't... 

Iris1930_0-1695204858703.png

@Iris1930 even though branching shows previous questions you can't actually branch back to an earlier question, only to a following section or question.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP UK (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you Rob actually I knew this but forgot about it.... It is silly then that it shows this possibility (when it is actually not possible). It should not be in the dropdown then. But thank you fro taking the time to remind me.