Ask the same two Choice type questions for multiple items in Forms

Copper Contributor

Hi all

I need to create a survey as follows:

• upload a list of software titles
  • for each title, ask 2x Choice type questions

Any ideas?

7 Replies

@Stephen_Kane you could copy the software titles from Excel into a Choice type question then use branching from each answer to go to the follow on 2 questions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi Rob
Unfortunately that does not work for me as I need to answer 2 questions for each and every title in the list.

In essence, a survey for each title.
Stephen

@Stephen_Kane I don't see why it wouldn't work. You'll need to give more details.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

best response confirmed by Stephen_Kane (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RobElliott 

Hi Rob
I need to ask the same questions for a list of software titles and have the answers for each one.

Your suggestion works to provide the list of titles as the first question, but to branch means the user has to select a title, then move to the next question and the next in turn.

Unless I'm being obtuse, to achieve what I want I will have to create each title as a heading, then ask the two "choice" questions for each.

Since I have 806 titles to survey, creating each question individually is not the best solution, which is why I want to upload the titles from a spreadsheet and then attach the two questions to each.

Conceptually I want it to work like this:

Software TitleUsage FrequencyImportance to Work
Title 1Choice Array Choice Array
Title 2Choice Array Choice Array
Title 3Choice Array Choice Array
Title 4Choice Array Choice Array

Regards

Stephen

@Stephen_Kane I don't think Forms is the right platform for what you want; it can't do the arrays in the way you have shown, there is a limit of 60 possible answers in a choice question and a hard limit of 100 questions in a survey. So I don't see how you can make it work with the vast number of titles you need to include. If your users are all internal it would be better to build this on Power Apps with SharePoint lists as the data sources.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Thanks very much for your input Rob, I greatly appreciate it.
God bless you!
Stephen
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stephen_Kane (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RobElliott 

Hi Rob
I need to ask the same questions for a list of software titles and have the answers for each one.

Your suggestion works to provide the list of titles as the first question, but to branch means the user has to select a title, then move to the next question and the next in turn.

Unless I'm being obtuse, to achieve what I want I will have to create each title as a heading, then ask the two "choice" questions for each.

Since I have 806 titles to survey, creating each question individually is not the best solution, which is why I want to upload the titles from a spreadsheet and then attach the two questions to each.

Conceptually I want it to work like this:

Software TitleUsage FrequencyImportance to Work
Title 1Choice Array Choice Array
Title 2Choice Array Choice Array
Title 3Choice Array Choice Array
Title 4Choice Array Choice Array

Regards

Stephen

View solution in original post