SOLVED

Any way for IT Admins to take ownership of all Forms created in an organization?

Brass Contributor

I have watched/searched the Forms community and am wondering if there is any way (even if it involves PowerShell) to make new Forms created accessible to an IT Admin group? We are a higher-ed institution and want to be able to control Forms and their data as faculty and staff come and go in the organization.

23 Replies
best response confirmed by Victoria Daggy (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Victoria,

Updated 06/08/2022

Multiple feedbacks for it here

The ability to manage Forms across the tenant through an Admin Center similar to SharePoint · Commun...

aProvide an option to acess all forms created by Admins · Community (microsoft.com)

Global Admin or Forms admin to manage all forms · Community (microsoft.com)

Ideally, they should merge them to create a bigger demand for it. This ask has been around a long time. Hopefully, it will come around at some point.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your very speedy response. :)

While I appreciate the ability to share a form with a Group, that means that staff actually need to remember to do this. We cannot assume they will - and my guess is that the majority will not. Without the ability to do some sort of admin query for outstanding enterprise Form data our hands are tied and we are blind to what has been created in the name of the institution.

I will definitely go and up-vote the idea.

Enterprise data needs to be searchable, accessible, secured and protected by the Enterprise. Microsoft should at least appreciate this from their own business standpoint.

Thanks again for you time!

An administrator's overview of Forms is essential. I need to know who has created forms, what the audience is (internal, external) whether the form has been active recently, transference of ownership, if the form is being used from an unacceptable purpose for my organisation. I have seriously considered disabling Forms because this admin functionality is not available. It is such a huge security risk.
Just wondering if there is any update on this? Is there anyone on the Microsoft Forms development team who can give any news on admin management of Microsoft Forms? Thank you.

Hi @Natalie Harzic,

You may have found this article already, but here's the information from Microsoft: Admin information - Microsoft Forms Admin | Microsoft Docs.

Regards,

Rick

Hi there, 

Is there anyway for us admin ( Global) to manage all forms in a Organization? 

Or at least have an oversight of them in a view with info of the creator/ those who have access?

If no, what can one do if someone is on leave and we cannot access the forms?

@Christopher Hoard 

I will vote for the items but does anyone know if this is on Microsoft's roadmap?
I voted for both of these topics. I can't believe that such obvious and essential functions still haven't been implemented.
Thank you, this is NOT a critique of you, it is just funny to think I have time to manage EACH and EVERY thing that happens, like for me to know that Doe, Jane left and has a Microsoft Forms form that will need to have ownership changed. I don't even know who the ORIGINAL owner is. Maybe it was Sue, Sawyer and they left a year ago and someone else has access, I don't know if they are the owner now or if it is someone else.
They technically should comment on this as it is over 50 items, yet if they don't know how, don't like it, or don't want to, then they might just "ignore" it as it has been up for a few years and multiple items are asking for it in different "asks" however it is a nice thing as I am in need of it, the person doesn't know who the owner is, and don't know how to do it, and "I" need to get to this quickly and not BUG THEM.
the reporting is available in the audit log search, all Forms related actions are logged (creation, usasge, viewing results...) https://compliance.microsoft.com/auditlogsearch?viewid=Async%20Search
How did you do it?
Everything is grey out for me so I cannot use this even though I am a Admin.

@ootb20229 I don't think this is what people are asking for as such. I'm not anyway. We need a way to search the actual data in the forms being saved. Obviously, if you save them into an O365 group it should give you this option, but most users won't do this or if you give them training/guidance they will forget. It needs to be as soon as a form is created (whether in an O365 group or not) the data is then searchable within the compliance search tools for O365.

@Victoria Daggy Hey Microsoft... mI will give you a dollar if you can get off of your lazy laurels, and actually help us out here. We don't need textbook replies for us to send you logs, dump files or reboot requests. We do not want your support to read to us out of a notebook. We just need your help. This issues is only a few YEARS old!

Ugh!!!

I'm here to confirm this would be a great feature. Honestly would have expected it from the start, but anytime soon would be great please/thanks.

@YorkshireLad I second that; if a member of staff is on leave and important information comes in via a form, I don't want to have to take control of their account to access it, not when a member of staff leaves, or any of the numerous other ways this would be extremely usefull.

@Natalie Harzic 

Did you find out how Admins can view all forms created by users?  

We have a great need for this feature. The O365 tenant admin should be able to see all forms created. We have a high turnover rate so being able to manage these forms would great and how did they not think to add this management area right from the get-go? We have users creating forms all over the place, then they leave, and we have no way to change ownership or share it with another user who can take over.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Victoria Daggy (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Victoria,

Updated 06/08/2022

Multiple feedbacks for it here

The ability to manage Forms across the tenant through an Admin Center similar to SharePoint · Commun...

aProvide an option to acess all forms created by Admins · Community (microsoft.com)

Global Admin or Forms admin to manage all forms · Community (microsoft.com)

Ideally, they should merge them to create a bigger demand for it. This ask has been around a long time. Hopefully, it will come around at some point.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Best, Chris

View solution in original post