Anonymising - deanonymising forms

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to anonymise Forms and then subsequently deanonymise? I'm thinking of trying Forms for marking coursework, but I'd like markers to be able to use anonymised answers but then be able to see students' names after marking has been completed. Anyone got any ideas if this is possible?

TIA!

2 Replies

@js493cam no it's not possible nor should it be. A form submitted when it is in anonymous state will never capture the details of who submitted it. If your students think the response is anonymous then you would be playing dirty by later looking at who had submitted each response. In a business setting it would be a compliance nightmare if you could later see who had submitted an form that you had stated was anonymous, and it would be potentially illegal  - at the very least in Europe it would be a flagrant breach of GDPR data protection rules.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi John (@js493cam) sorry if my previous response sounded tough - I've had lots of GDPR arguments with our marketing people over this as they wanted to look at who had submittted anonymous feedback forms.

What you could do is to have your form set to "Only people in my organisation can respond, save each response into a SharePoint list via a flow in Power Automate but without a column for who submitted it, and then after marking it you could go back to the responses tab in Forms to see who had submitted each one. That would work methinks. Let me know if you would like me to run up an example.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User