An error has occurred. Please try again. Cid:2c3cc667-5cf9-47de-8730-b73327725df3

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

During a teams meeting of 121 people I used Microsoft Forms for quick polling on four questions (settings Share results automatically after voting and Keep responses anonymous).  Some of the questions had created errors which displayed in the chat 'An error has occurred. Please try again. Cid:2c3cc667-5cf9-47de-8730-b73327725df3' with the Cid different per individual.  Summary of errors:

Question 1) 106 successful and 1 error

Question 2) 110 successful and 0 errors

Question 3) 108 successful and 1 error

Question 4) 110 successful and 18 errors
We would like to continue utilizing this method however want to avoid the errors.  What is the root cause of error and how can we avoid this during future forms?

Thanks - Teresa

10 Replies
hi Teresa

can you tell me approximately what date/time this meeting occurred? UTC time is preferred
then i will have the developers try to dig into the backend telemetry to see what happened

Thanks!

@Jon_Kay 

Meeting polling occurred 20APR2021 between 3:35-3:50 UTC.  Thank you
Teresa

Thanks Teresa

The developers were able to find the backend logs and diagnose what went wrong. We had some internal limits that were hit and caused some throttling, which caused some usage errors to people using polls at that time. We have fixed this problem and it should be deployed within the next 4-5 days. If you encounter further problems in the future, please do report them again. Thanks!

-jon
Senior Program Manager - Microsoft Forms

I'm having the same issue. I just used Forms in Teams to create a simple poll and all the responses are returning with the following error message. Can you be of any help in figuring out what went wrong?

An error has occurred. Please try again.
@Jon_Kay Same issue in current Presentation...

An error has occurred. Please try again. Cid:d3df92dd-3b1f-4f87-9fa3-c881e4c3fcfb

@Thiaan I created a poll and I am getting the same error as above when I submit a response.  Is there a fix out there?

Thanks,

Victoria

We were just running a test webinar with a few people to determine whether Teams with Q&A and Polls would suit our needs. Each of the polls we tested with different questions failed. We received the CID error code. This makes me nervous for the stability of the product. Can you please advise?
Meeting took place between 12:30am and 1:00am UTC 21st September 2022.
Hello, we had the same issue in a meeting that was held on the 25th Oct from 09.58am-10.55am, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Multiple people received the Cid error message, e.g. An error has occurred. Please try again. Cid:fc854073-b767-40cc-b379-fe4684939520

Thanks in advance for your help
Hello @Jon_Kay,
We have had the same issue in a meeting that was held on the 25th Oct from 09.58am-10.55am, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Multiple people received the Cid error message, e.g. An error has occurred. Please try again. Cid:fc854073-b767-40cc-b379-fe4684939520

Thanks in advance for your help,