Allow form respondents to save and continue to fill the form later

Brass Contributor

My comment refers to this voting: https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

In our company we use sharepoint and MS 365 Business every day. MS Forms is very intuitive and esasy to handle, thats great! I made a long survey on sustainability topics to our members. Then I got feedback that in many cases more than one person in the adressed member companies have to work together according to their expertise... so they need the option to save the survey, send it to another colleague who can conitnue answering the question... Right now I have to look to alternative tools to fullfill this very important option. But I would prefer to continue my survey (where I already put more than one week of effort) in MS Forms. Is there already any timeline, when Mircrosoft will implement this function?

Best regards from Germany
Matthias

44 Replies
Great ask. We are tracking this as 2 separate items. The first is save & resume, where a user could save their progress and resume the response later. The second item is collaboration for a form responses, where multiple people could collaborate on response vs today where you can only collaborate at form creation time.

The first ask, save & resume, is something we are actively discussing but no timeline to share at this time. The second is not in short/medium term plans, but might be something we consider in longer term

Thanks,
-jon
Microsoft Forms - Senior Program manager
Dear Jon,
thank you for the reply!
- first item: please keep me updated on your progress.
- second item: not exactly what I would like to read ;) I hope that MS will recognice the importance of that feature and will not lose market share to Google Forms or other Survey Tools in ignoring this topic... If you need more arguemts to push the second topic as well, please ask me.

Best regards,

Matthias

@Jon_Kay  Do you have any news on when the "Save and Resume Later" feature for Forms will be available? Many thanks

@AnnetteOHerlihy 

Not at this time.

We will publish updates on the public roadmap when appropriate.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Forms%2CIn%20development

@Jon_Kay   Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, I don't see this item even on the Microsoft's radar.  Forms is a very intuitive product but not practical for the people who will be responding to my survey.  Due to the complexity of the survey, it would be impossible for someone to do it in one sitting.  Other similar software has figured this out, why not a great company like Microsoft?

@Jon_Kay is there any news on the save & resume request? We are also missing this feature and can not use Microsoft forms without it, while Forms is in all other aspects thé tool for us to use. 

@MarianneDriessen Microsoft have indicated that this is being looked at, but no further info.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott thank you for the information. Not the news I was hoping for but I did not really expect to hear that this functionality was done allready. 

@Matthias1234 @Jon_Kay 

The link to the uservoice page no longer works. Is there a new link?

@Jason Bristow the new feedback portal for Forms which has replaced UserVoice is at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/0ab9de26-ff1b-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

hi@Jon_Kay 

Just checked the 365 Roadmap and it doesn't look like the save and resume feature in Forms is even on the board yet - can you tell me any more about where it is right now?

@kgreen2022  correct, this is not yet scheduled.  Unfortunately i do not have an update to share at this time.  We will publish an update to the roadmap when we make progress here

Thanks,

-jon

Any progress on the save and resume feature? We would like to integrate MS Forms into a product, but this is a key requirement.

@Jon_Kay I would just like to chime in and say that this is a feature (save and resume) that my organisation is in great need of.

I'm at the same stage with MS Forms and need the 'save & resume' function. If MS Forms cannot deliver this function at this moment, can anyone tell me if there is another product out there that does? Thank you.

@Nick_Grace   I ended up using Survey Monkey for this reason

Many thanks and much appreciated ELHarv. I have quite a complicated form where I need to upload videos for guidance and that requires detailed responses to the questions. I'll have a look at SM, but if there is anything else out there as well, I'm happy to explore. Thank you.

Lack of this feature is like not being able to save my documents in Excel or Word.

Another indicator how Microsoft doesn't understand or believe in collaboration and workflow.

Amazing.