Add "Other" Option has disappeared

Copper Contributor

I created a quiz in Microsoft Forms a few weeks ago that, when creating a Choice question, had the ability to Add "Other" Option at the bottom.

Now I'm making another quiz, and I don't have an Add "Other" Option. Is this just a glitch or am I missing something?

14 Replies

@Raya_Anderton 

Indeed I can confirm Add Other option is missing on Standard forms however its there for Forms PRO.  Has this basic feature simply been pulled without any communication and transitioned to only Forms PRO?  Seems like a ridiculous concept if this is true or possibly a bug?

@Dudditz You chose "quiz" instead of Form.

I have the same problem and the add other option is not available in Quiz or Forms.

@Raya_Anderton   I encountered this today 9 Jan 2021 and found I could reactivate it by zooming the browser out to 25%.  It is a bug related to screen scroll not being integrated it looks to me like.

I found I can also see the add option feature by manually tabbing through all previous entries! 

Tabbing worked too, thanks

@ScottASI Could you explain what you mean with 'manually tabbing through all previous entries'? I'm facing the same problem....

@Ninavs Try the tab button on your keyboard (it is the one often marked TAB on your keyboard usually above the caps lock button, might just have left and right arrows on it) to move from one box/field to the next until you get to the bottom then you should see the Add option

The tabbing method is not working for me, has anybody managed to solve it in any other way?

@Raya_Anderton the option is not there because you created a new quiz instead of new form!

@desa00 You don't have the add "Other" option, because you have created a new quiz instead of new a form.

You are absolutely correct. But I figured that out over a month ago. Shame you couldn't have got back to me sooner.

@ChrisNikolaou wow that's a bit harsh, not everyone is here every day.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

You are right sorry. Thanks for your response.