SOLVED

Seamless SSO with Password Hash High Availability

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I am posting this question to know, if there is any concept of High Availability in Seamless SSO. I know this question is a bit silly, however, if I have a multi-forest environment and I have deployed AAD Connect to configure both Forest to work with SSO. If my AAD Connect server goes down for some reason. How can I mitigate this risk?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Rishank Ganguly (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
You can deploy two adconnect and have one in staging mode! This will have all the config and metadata but not syncing! If first go down, you can manually activate it to start the syncing!
Also using password hash - you can switch over to use 365 as authentication instead of pass through! The user will be able to login as usual with their passwords

Adam
Hey that's smart Adam. Thanks a lot!!

Its always best to use a fresh mind, when your mind is stuck!!!
The egg knogg makes me smart :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rishank Ganguly (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
You can deploy two adconnect and have one in staging mode! This will have all the config and metadata but not syncing! If first go down, you can manually activate it to start the syncing!
Also using password hash - you can switch over to use 365 as authentication instead of pass through! The user will be able to login as usual with their passwords

Adam

View solution in original post