SOLVED

Hostname Deletion Writeback - Azure AD Connect

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

If i enable device write-back and delete "Hybrid Azure AD joined" device from Azure AD, does it remove the device from On-Prem AD also.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by dhilipan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No, devices that have the status Hybrid Azure AD Joined will not be written back, as these devices originated from Active Directory in the first place.

Device writeback helps you to keep a track of devices registered with Azure AD in AD. You will have the device objects in the container "Registered Devices"

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

So any other option to delete "Hybrid Azure AD joined" device from AD if i delete the hostname from Azure AD ? Dont want to do it from On-prem AD
if you deleted the hybrid Azure AD Joined device from Azure AD, the device will be synced again from AD. to delete the device from AAD you need to move the device in AD to an OU not synced to Azure
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dhilipan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No, devices that have the status Hybrid Azure AD Joined will not be written back, as these devices originated from Active Directory in the first place.

Device writeback helps you to keep a track of devices registered with Azure AD in AD. You will have the device objects in the container "Registered Devices"

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

View solution in original post