Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Consume Active Directory On-Premuses from Azure Function

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

Introduction

I have to develop a functionality for an Power App, this powerapps have to disable or enable user accounts in the On-Premises Active Directory for it I was thinking to create an Azure Functions that consume this through and Hybrid Connection or VPN. 

I was reseraching but I'm not clear which aproach is the best. 

• Can I connect my Azure Function to the AD and use Powershell to take actions in the AD?
  • What I should use, Hybrid Connections or I should use VPN?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by sergi2495 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In case it is on-premise Active Directory (not Azure) , then you may use commands like Disable-ADAccount or Enable-ADAccount in the PowerShell to do it and you may perform a complete automation using PowerShell. However, in case you have to use PowerApps, then include such scripts in the Windows recorder (V1) flows, take a look at Learn to create Windows recorder (V1) flows - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs.

You may learn more about those PowerShell commands on the following websites:

Disable-ADAccount (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

Enable-ADAccount (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sergi2495 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In case it is on-premise Active Directory (not Azure) , then you may use commands like Disable-ADAccount or Enable-ADAccount in the PowerShell to do it and you may perform a complete automation using PowerShell. However, in case you have to use PowerApps, then include such scripts in the Windows recorder (V1) flows, take a look at Learn to create Windows recorder (V1) flows - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs.

You may learn more about those PowerShell commands on the following websites:

Disable-ADAccount (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

Enable-ADAccount (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post