Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Conditional Access Policy will not save "Validating Policy"

Brass Contributor

I have a conditional access policy to enable MFA. It's all set and good. I have it shown here.conditional-access.png

I later wanted to go into "Session" and enable "Sign-In Frequency" and set it to the recommended 90 days. After I hit save I get "Validating Session" at the bottom. But it never actually saves at all.

I tried re-creating the policy from scratch including this setting and it will not save. I don't know why.

23 Replies
best response confirmed by Tomnibus_MedOne (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Tomnibus_MedOne Yes, it started working for me as well yesterday, with no intervention required.

In fact, I haven't even heard back from Microsoft Support yet, despite opening the case 6 days ago and sending a chasing email a day or two ago.

@Tomnibus_MedOne

Microsoft support confirmed it was an issue their end, and in short they resolved it. 

"Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that the issue was resolved and everything is working as expected! For your reference we resolved this by resolving service degradation."

Come Tuesday morning I was able to proceed as normal.

@Teyn The graph guide you have posted though, invaluable. Thanks ever so much. Tell me how do you learn graph? So far finding very little on it in terms of training materials

Anyone facing this issue, in my case (I was creating a trusted network based conditional access policy) it was caused by not assigning users or groups to whom the policy should apply. You'd expect a warning/reminder of some kind here but instead it just doesn't save.