Conditional Access - Persistent browser session and LastPass SSO

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone

Our customer has Azure AD connected devices that are set up with Intune.

We also have SSO set up for LastPass, which works without any issues.

Now the customer wants to enable MFA for portal.office.com and the LastPass browser add-in.

I set up a conditional access rule where I set the browser session settings to "never persistent". The MFA login works, but when users close the browser and reopen it, they remain logged in. This happens with portal.office.com and the LastPass browser add-in.

Could it be that they stay logged in because the devices are connected to Azure AD?

Thanks

Joël

4 Replies
Azure AD joined devices and cloud apps like portal.office.com would do SSO if everything is configured correct. So yes, it can be because of your current config. Is the Windows logon done by WHfB? I guess not?

How are all your CA policies configured? What is the Azure AD sign-in log telling you?

@joeyvldn Thanks for your reply!

Most users log in to Windows with their O365 user and password. Only 1 user has WHfB enabled.

Here is how my CA policy for browser sign-ins is configured:

- Cloud apps or actions: All cloud apps

- Conditions: Client apps -> Browser

- Grant: Require multi-factor authentication

- Session: Persistent browser session -> Never persistent

The Azure AD sign-in log tells me that the conditional access policy is applied.

The auth method says "Previously satisfied" and the result is "satisfied by claim in the token".

skywalker98_0-1648456632930.png

skywalker98_1-1648456658792.png

Hi @skywalker98,

Is this the user who is using WHfB? Check previous sign-in logs to determine which sign-in was prompted for MFA. If not. Is the Per-user MFA configured as enforced for this user?

I would recommend to focus on implementing WHfB. Windows sign-ins with WHfB are automatically protected by MFA and thus portal.office.com would be flagged as "previously satisfied".

Is this the user who is using WHfB? Windows sign-ins with WHfB are automatically protected by MFA and thus portal.office.com