SOLVED

Azure AD Self-service Password reset

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I saw that after Sept. 30th. Microsoft will enable Self-Service password reset function for all tenants. As I understood - this method will be combined to MFA. 

After Sept. 30th.: if user don`t have configured MFA and Self service password reset was disabled - does he configure MFA anyway?

I don`t understand or these methods just will be combined or users who haven`t MFA will have to configure it?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/concept-registration-mfa-sspr...

Paprastas_0-1656423601880.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Paprastas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
They will not enable SSPR (or MFA) for all users. What they will enable is the new "combined" registration experience, where users are not asked to provide the same details twice.

@Paprastas 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Entra (Azure AD) space - please post Microsoft Entra (Azure AD) questions here in the future. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Paprastas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
They will not enable SSPR (or MFA) for all users. What they will enable is the new "combined" registration experience, where users are not asked to provide the same details twice.

View solution in original post