SOLVED

Admin accounts without exchange license

Copper Contributor

I have a client who wants to have separate admin accounts with PIM. They do not want any license except P2 attach to the accounts, but when it comes to the security administrator the account with that role will recieve important security emails. Whats the best practice to solve this in the most secure way without having an exchange license? If we think about security Microsoft advised that admin roles do not have any license attach to it. But how about emails then? anyone? thanks

4 Replies
The emails will be sent to the AlternateEmailAddresses you provide when adding admin permissions. Other than that, you can configure the SecurityComplianceNotificationEmails/TechnicalNotificationEmails values.
You mean in Powershell?
best response confirmed by siri123135 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes, in PowerShell (Set-MsolCompanyContactInformation or the corresponding Graph API endpoint).

@siri123135 

Is that means that if I have user account with name.lastname@domain and admin account without exch. license, this admin account can not have this email format assigned. Is only solution to add additional email address which is then not visible.

zastavnik_0-1670226167549.png

As you can see instead of e-mail address  it is View and if you want to see it you must open it.

But as I stated I prefer option to have only one Email address if possible.

Thank you for any hint.

KR

Edin

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by siri123135 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes, in PowerShell (Set-MsolCompanyContactInformation or the corresponding Graph API endpoint).

View solution in original post