need a way to fix missing autopilot "ztid" record

Brass Contributor

For some reason sometime when we import the hwkey intune does not generate ztid record for the device, so far i've been told to delete and re-import to address the issue, this is only noticeable during the oobe when the user reports not getting the welcome to company page, as we're in a wfh style, we don't have access to the computers, to verify the provisioning steps are correctly set.

options I would like to suggest, 1) when importing (using GU or PS) we get a message indicating the record was not created correctly so we can fix it. 2) a way to fix that without the need to delete/re-import

6 Replies

@Noor Thanks for bring this up. We will investigate on this further. Q for you, Are these devices in 'Assigned XYZ profile' on the portal but still doesn't receive profile during OOBE?

@Nandhini_Prasad We've seen smilar behavior, but not in OOBE; We noticed it when targeting the Dynamic Security Group created based on ZTDID, and using that SG for "Required" software targeting. Manually imported devices would not get the Required Apps this way, so we switched to a different SG to work around it (i thought it was a known issue).  

@Nandhini_Prasad that is part of the issue, computers in my tenant get assigned to ap profiles based on their attributes, the default one is base on the azuread dynamic group '(device.devicePhysicalIDs -any _ -contains "[ZTDId]")' so when the device don't get the record created it does not get assigned a profile

@Noor Got it. Thanks for clarifying. We will investigate on this further if you could raise a ticket using https://docs.microsoft.com/mem/intune/fundamentals/get-support

@Nandhini_Prasad I've done this in the pass and was asked to delete/re-import, should I say something else in the ticket so its treated differently?

@Noor You can include the hw hash csv file to the ticket. That would help us better. Also there are some questions too - Did the device show up in the AP devices list? If yes, Is it grouped as intended? Is the group assigned the right profile? Is the AP device in Profile Assigned state (with right profile)? More detailed the information you provide, would enable us to identified the exact issue.