How Endpoint protection co-management workload works

Brass Contributor

I've heard in a user group from someone at Microsoft that if you enable the Endpoint protection workload and you only configure Defender Anti-virus policies, you can still use for example SCCM/Mbam.

So basically, anything that is not set in endpoint protection in intune is not taken over by Intune as opposed to other workloads.

If that is true, is there somewhere in the docs where it mentions all of this?

Thks

2 Replies

@Stephane Lalancette 

I think you may be referring this note in the docs:

to When you switch this workload, the Configuration Manager policies stay on the device until the Intune policies overwrite them. This behavior makes sure that the device still has protection policies during the transition.

It sounds like you want more granularity in the workloads. If you had a magic wand, how would the sliders look for you?

Rob

@Rob York thks for answering.

what we want to make sure is to know how each workload reacts. Another example is the client apps workload which still permits you to install sccm apps.

At 1st, few months ago, we though that when you use this workload, you can no longer deploy apps with sccm, which is not the case.

So it's more to have all those little details that sometimes aren't all there and that can cause issues and/or misunderstandings. Like what settings the workloads actually take over from sccm. 

As for the rest, what you answers was the general idea of what I wanted.

thks