Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

connection between MDE and MEM doesn't work

Copper Contributor

hello,

i can't connect the MDE with Intune , i activated the connection but doesn't work : thnx for your help

Zied_Berrima_0-1652444954998.png

Zied_Berrima_1-1652444979146.png

5 Replies

@Zied_Berrima , I'm not sure if you actually connected MDE and Intune. If you have the licenses, then first go to https://security.microsoft.com/preferences2/general and click on Advanced Features. Then flip the switch Microsoft Intune Connection to On. You will then see that a little later, the connection status changes to Enabled.

2022-05-13_18h45_31.jpg

When the connection status is enabled, connect the OS  you want to enroll but also make sure to configure the EDR policy to actually onboard the devices. Have a look at the example below.

2022-05-13_18h43_32.jpg

You can configure the EDR policy by browsing to the Enpoint Security Management blade.

2022-05-13_18h52_39.jpg

Don't forget to configure other settings...

Hope this helps

@Oktay Sari 

thank you very much for your help, but the problem I think is a bug in the microsoft portal, I found it activated this morning, since the day of the publication of this question everything is grayed out and I couldn't do anything

note: I follow you on your web site and I really appreciate your articles, please keep going

Hi @Zied_Berrima,

Strange behavior but I'm happy to hear it works now. Thank you for reading my blogs. Much appreciated! I'm working on the next post for later this week :smile:.  

I have exactly the same issue!

It's look like a bug.

Some colleagues see Enable.

3 = Enable

2 = Unavailable

I also have a connector refresh fail.

LuckySlam_0-1670430376057.png