Microsoft Entra Suite Tech Accelerator
Aug 14 2024, 07:00 AM - 09:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

User Submissions - explanation of columns and understanding the auto submit to microsoft

Copper Contributor

So I have a pretty basic question as a new admin of Microsoft365 tasked with security issues.  We have a our user submission of emails setup to send emails to me and directly to Microsoft.

A few questions: Does that mean I still have to go in and convert those submissions to admin submissions?  When you look at the list, there is a column called "Result" - if there is a result there (example = Spam), does that mean it has been sent already and that was the result coming back from Microsoft? If that is the case, all I need to do is notify the user?

2 Replies
No, the user submission should be fine. I can't answer for the Result column as I typically find it a bit too detached from reality and ignore it. Rest assured that getting the submission in still does good, even if the Submissions portal might indicate otherwise.
@ExMSW4319 Just to make sure I understand, you are saying that since we automatically submit user submissions to Microsoft, there is no more to do on my end?