Organization structure skips direct manager

Copper Contributor

We are running MS Advanced Threat Analytics 1.9 on-premise. We've noticed that when you look at the directory data for an individual the organization structure starts at the manager above the immediate manager, not showing the manager.

Example:

CEO>CIO>Director>TeamManager

What should show:

CEO>CIO>Director>TeamManager>DirectManager

8 Replies

There were some known issues with the tree building in 1.9, which we fixed in 1.9 Update 1.

it wasn't the exact same thing but I guess it could cause it as well.

Please upgrade to Update 1, and let me know if it resolved the issue after a few hours or not.

After updating to Update one. Now I am stuck with this issue. The organization structure skips the direct manager. Now I am stuck (

Do you get this issue for all users or just this one?

Can you see the profile page for the Direct manager itself ? If yes, does it show the employee under this profile?

all the users.

Eg - I cant see my manager. But it shows the person whom my manager reports to and higher ups. Same for all the users.

Untitled.png

What about the other questions?

Do you get this issue for all users or just this one?
All users

Can you see the profile page for the Direct manager itself ? If yes, does it show the employee under this profile?

No it doesnot show employees who report to him. He doesnt see his direct report ( CTO) but sees the Persons name whome CTO reports to.

So I would suggest  opening a ticket with MS support on this one.

We will need to look in your data specifically to understand what is going on,

which is not reasonable to do in a public forum :)

once we find the root cause we can publish the conclusion back here. 

OK, got a repro now in the lab. It's a bug, but the weird thing that the bug I found was introduced in Update 1, not before that.

I opened a ticket for the bug, we will try to fix it for vNext.