microsoft windows defender 11

Copper Contributor

Buenas tardes, comunidad microsoft, acudo a este foro porque me encuentro sumamente preocupado, desde hace algunas semanas windows defender me notifica con una alerta amarilla, y me indica que debo realizar acciones para la seguridad del computador, Sin embargo he realizado las acciones correspondientes y no encuentro solucion. La ultima advertencia que me indica es la seccion " reputation based-protection"  de windows defender,intento solucionar pero no consigo nada.Temo que sea un virus que se encuentre realizando acciones peligrosas.

Consulto si este problema es de Microsoft o solamente es de mi notebook, muchas gracias por la ayuda.

1 Reply
Hi @calderonpacasa. If Microsoft Defender is showing a yellow alert, it typically indicates that there are some recommended actions that you should take to improve your computer's security. The "Reputation-based protection" feature is a part of Microsoft Defender's SmartScreen functionality, which helps protect your computer from potentially harmful websites, downloads, and apps. First, let's make sure your Windows Defender and Windows updates are up to date: 1- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I. 2- Navigate to "Update & Security." 3- In the "Windows Update" tab, click "Check for updates" and install any available updates. Once your updates are installed, try running a full system scan with Windows Defender: 1- Press the Windows key and type "Windows Security," then open the app. 2- Click "Virus & threat protection." 3- Under "Current threats," click "Quick scan" to initiate a fast scan of your system. If you want a more thorough scan, click "Scan options," select "Full scan," and click "Scan now." If the issue persists, you can try resetting Windows Defender settings to default: 1- Open Windows Security. 2- Click "Virus & threat protection." 3- Scroll down and click "Manage settings" under "Virus & threat protection settings." 4- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Restore settings" to reset Windows Defender settings to default. In case the issue continues, you may want to consider running an offline scan: 1- Open Windows Security. 2- Click "Virus & threat protection." 3- Click "Scan options." 4- Select "Windows Defender Offline scan" and click "Scan now." 5- Your computer will restart, and the offline scan will begin. This can take up to 15 minutes or more. If you're still experiencing issues after trying these steps, you may want to contact Microsoft Support for further assistance. Additionally, you might consider using a reputable third-party antivirus tool to scan your system and remove any potential threats.