Domain Synchronizer role removed?

Brass Contributor

I'm currently deploying ATP to my DC fleet in one of my production domains and I'm seeing higher than normal CPU on one particular DC. My first thought was this was the Domain Synchronizer role doing "extra work".... 

Looking at the release notes, it seems the toggle button has been removed in release ATP 2.86. My questions --

- How can I see which DC's are actually performing this function behind the scene? Logs?

- How can I manually change this now that the toggle button has been removed? I rather not have some of my heavily used DC's perform this function. 

2 Replies

@ChadWst Hi,

To answer the questions above:

- There is no way for the customer to see which sensor is currently doing a sync

-  There is no way for customers to control which sensors will be used for the sync

The reason it became so, is that the sync process was refactored, and now is not effecting performance significantly, so it doesn't really matter which sensor does it. The option to configure was not effective, and customers tended to use it the wrong way creating negative effects on the system.

@Eli Ofek  -- Thx for the prompt response. I will open a case related to the HIGH CPU.