SOLVED

API for Defender for Identity Portal

Iron Contributor

There are several aspects of the Defender for Identity portal that I'd like to be able to monitor/configure. Is there an API for the the Portal? For example, I'd like to run a report showing the sensor versions as reported in the Portal or set the user to receive the reports.

17 Replies
best response confirmed by shocko (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@shocko 

Currently there are no public APIs that you can use for this.

But we are planning them as part of the M365 Defender portal and APIs in the near future. No ETA yet.

Is there any update on this? I have a service requirement to be able to extract MDI health issue information via API. As monitoring the domain controller health status is a crucial part of the service to our customers, this needs to be monitored in an automated manner.

@TaurusTec 

The public APIs are currently planned for the first half of 2023.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update. Is there any way I can follow up on the status of this? I don't see any mention of it on the M365 Roadmap: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Defender%20for%20Identity

Have these APIs been made public in preview or the like? I'd like to track them

Not yet - we will share timelines on the public roadmap when we have an accurate estimate of when these will land.
Much interested too - we've just been though replacement of all our DC's (49 of them) and the ADFS sensor configs needed to be adjusted to list the new DCs. Tedious and error prone.
Hi Martin,

Any update on this topic? We are having a hard time managing MDI health issues for our clients here.
Same here ......

@Martin_Schvartzman What's the status on this topic? Or are there any other updates?

@Ettlins 

Unfortunately, this was postponed.

I hope we'll be able to release some of the APIs (including sensors settings and health alerts) in Q4 (Oct-Dec) of this year (2023).

I appreciate the dev effort on such things but I do find it frustrating that MS seem to think that 18 months+ constitutes near term .....
Hi @Martin_Schvartzman, Is there any news on this topic? I'm interested in deactivating a user account in Active Directory using the MDI API.

@lorisAmbrozzo 

The public APIs for MDI were unfortunately postponed again.

The 1st phase was supposed to include health issues management, then sensor management, tagging and response action was supposed to be ready by CY24Q1.

I don't know yet how long the delay will be, as the R&D group is based in Israel.
This is the roadmap item you can use to track this feature: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=169876

@shocko  @Martin_Schvartzman 

As per the M365 roadmap:

Feature ID: 169876

Preview Available: January 2024
Rollout Start: February 2024

How can I access the preview? I don't see any blog post or Customer Connection Program announcement?

Hi @shocko

REST API for identity health issues are in beta since last week.

Please find the documentation here: healthIssue resource type - Microsoft Graph beta | Microsoft Learn

I couldn't test it by my self so far.

Best regards,

Simon

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by shocko (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@shocko 

Currently there are no public APIs that you can use for this.

But we are planning them as part of the M365 Defender portal and APIs in the near future. No ETA yet.

View solution in original post