TVM Recommendations not accurate

Copper Contributor

Greetings, all!

I've been deep-diving into MEM and MDE for the past 2 weeks, and there are things I'm not getting in the Threat & Vulnerability Management part.

For example, in my own tenant, I am getting recommendations to update a Windows 11 and a Server 2019 to the latest patches, even though when I look on these devices, both have been updated!

It looks like the devices are not being "re-evaluated" (?) from a security perspective in the console and updated with the correct info.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

3 Replies
If you don't see a reply here - you might want to think about posting in this Forum?
https://www.yammer.com/cepartners

@Jacques_Sauve I believe the recommendations refresh every 24 hours. If it's been longer than that, there might be an issue with device connection. I would recommend you to check the "last seen" date on the device. 

Hi @Jacques_Sauve 

I have stumbled upon the exact same issue on Office 2016. I have multiple devices which all of them have the version 16.0.4266.1001 installed, but TVM is showing that two devices are missing security updates from October 2021 (KB5001982).
When I check directly on the devices what latest security update for Office is installed it shows KB5002143, which is from April 2022 and per my understanding it super-seeds the older updates.
If I open the KB page for 5002143, it correct states that 5002143 replaces 5002060 which replaces 5001982

So my conclusion is that TVM is showing incorrect information on this.  

Did you get any information from Yammer or any other sites? Or were you able to solve it by yourself?