SOLVED

"Unexpected ConfigurationType" error when attempting to onboard to Defender ATP with MECM

Bronze Contributor

I'm attempting to onboard some clients to Defender ATP using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. I've followed the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/protect/deploy-use/defender-advanced-threat-protectio...

However, the clients are not being onboarded, and when I look at the C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\ATPHandler.log file, I see the following:

ATPHandler: Handling policy originating from AdminConsole: AdvancedThreatProtectionSettings_Configuration	2020-10-21 5:09:35 PM	10148 (0x27A4)
ATPHandler: Unexpected ConfigurationType, 	2020-10-21 5:09:35 PM	10148 (0x27A4)
ATPHandler: Failure in CATPHandler::HandleUIPolicy: 0x80070057	2020-10-21 5:09:35 PM	10148 (0x27A4)

I haven't found any reference to this "ATPHandler: Unexpected ConfigurationType" error anywhere. Does anyone know what I should be looking at to troubleshoot this?

Edit: MECM Client version 5.00.9012.1034, site version 5.0.9012.1000

Edit 2: Updated the link to point to the instructions I was actually following.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Ryan Steele (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

I've just checked again, and all devices have enrolled as expected. There must have been an issue on the Defender ATP back end that was causing this error which has since been resolved.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ryan Steele (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

I've just checked again, and all devices have enrolled as expected. There must have been an issue on the Defender ATP back end that was causing this error which has since been resolved.

View solution in original post